The NASPSPA Student Scholarship will be awarded to six applicants through a rigorous application review by a scholarship committee. Each recipient will be awarded the NASPSPA registration fee and one free night at the conference hotel. Recipients will also be able to attend the pre-conference workshop titled, “Conferencing is hard: Making the most out of the NASPSPA conference experience” at no cost. The workshop takes place Wednesday, June 10 from 5-7 pm.
We encourage all student members to apply. Special consideration will be given to students who have financial constraints that limit their participation and attendance at the NASPSPA conference.
- Must be a current NASPSPA Member
- Complete Application
- One letter of recommendation from applicant’s advisor addressing the specific questions/prompts listed below.
- Please note that all award recipients are required to stay at the conference hotel for the duration of the conference in order to receive the scholarship.
The application and letter of recommendation must be sent to the Past President, David Anderson (email@example.com), by January 29, 2020.
Please limit your responses to 250 words.
- Please explain what you hope to gain by attending NASPSPA 2020. In this response, please also highlight what you are most excited for and how attending NASPSPA will contribute to your immediate or long-term career plans.
- Please explain how this scholarship money will help you. This information will not be shared with anyone outside of the Student Scholarship Committee.
Letter of recommendation:
- Please confirm that the student is in good academic standing and describe how they are making meaningful progress toward degree completion.
- Was the abstract submitted by the student based on their own research? How will the student benefit professionally from attending and presenting at the 2020 NASPSPA conference?
- Please explain the current position of the supervisor and/or department to help fund the student’s attendance at the conference.