Please click here to view a list of NASPSPA MDLC ORSS upcoming and past events.
Overview of the Motor Development, Learning, and Control (MDLC) Online Research Seminar Series
The MDLC Online Research Seminar Series will support the Society’s function to advance scientific study, improve research quality, and facilitate research information dissemination in the area of motor development, learning and control. This Series aims to be an accessible platform for our international motor development, learning and control research community to present and discuss historical and emerging research topics in the months between the annual NASPSPA Conference.
The organizing committee will deliver an annual Motor Development, Learning & Control Online Research Seminar Series as a NASPSPA-affiliated activity to facilitate the development, advancement and dissemination of high-quality research in the area of motor development, learning and control. This will meet the following four needs for our membership:
- Research engagement opportunities in between annual NASPSPA Conferences for scholars and students with interests in motor development, learning and control
- Increase NASPSPA profile and membership offerings across the year
- A platform to bring together the motor development, learning and control international research community across geographic locations to discuss historical and emerging topics
- A forum to develop awareness and promote ideas relevant to motor development, learning and control research in the lead up to the annual NASPSPA Conference (e.g., developing themes for Conference symposia)
- Kevin Becker, University of Tennessee, Knoxville (Chair, email@example.com)
- Mariane Bacelar, Boise State University
- Aleiza Higgins, University of North Carolina-Greensboro (Student Representative)
- Adam King, Texas Christian University
- Kristina Neely, Auburn University
- Louisa Raisbeck, University of North Carolina-Greensboro
- Shannon Ringenbach, Arizona State University
- Priscila Tamplain, University of Texas-Arlington
List of Activities
The MDLC Online Research Seminar Series will run between September and May and include topics proposed by NASPSPA members with interests in motor development, learning and control research. While some topics might be specific to motor development, learning and control research, we expect that some topics will be broad in scope to be of interest to researchers and students in the sport and exercise psychology area as well. All NASPSPA members and non-members are invited to participate in seminars offered in the MDLC Online Research Seminar Series. There is no cost to participate.
To view recordings of the events below, please see our Virtual Workshop and Seminar Videos page. Please note that you must be an active NASPSPA member to view the video and you will be asked to login with your credentials.
- November 20, 2020: “Open and reproducible research in a productivity demanding academic world”
- April 20, 2021: “Grand Challenges for Motor Learning, Control, & Development Research”
- December 6, 2021: “Translating Motor Learning Science into Effective Sport Skill Development”
- April 5, 2022: “Working in Industry and Bridging the Gap Between Industry and Academia”
The Organizing Committee of the seminar series has prepared the following reports:
The NASPSPA Executive Committee acknowledges that other self-organized groups may want to put together proposals to address the needs of NASPSPA members. To provide transparency about the origin of the MDLC Online Research Seminar Series and to serve as a template/model for future proposals, the approved proposal can be found here.