Postdoctoral Fellowship Opportunity Memorial University Seeking applicants for a two year Postdoctoral Fellowship in Ocean Safety Education at the Fisheries and Marine Institute.
As a campus of Memorial University of Newfoundland, located on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean, the Fisheries and Marine Institute is Canada’s most comprehensive centre for education, training, applied research and industrial support for the ocean industries.
On site are many simulation facilities such as an indoor training tank and helicopter underwater escape trainer (HUET); lifeboat launch simulator; Cold Human Immersion Lab (CHIL); fire training simulators; and dry-land helicopter simulator.
The successful candidate(s) will investigate the acquisition and retention of ocean safety and survival skills and work under the supervision of Dr. Heather Carnahan. Applicants should be dedicated, innovative and can work independently within a very collaborative environment.
- Ph.D. in kinesiology, ergonomics, education, psychology or other related field
- A publication record relevant to level of training
- Expertise in the area of human motor skill learning and control
- Interest in the role of simulation in learning safety skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
To Apply: Forward a cover letter, your CV and contact information for three references to: email@example.com
Closing date: August 1, 2015 or until position(s) filled.